Our Farm is 15.3 acres near Bastrop TX, with goats, chickens, cats dogs and other assorted animals. We raise gourds, herbs,flowers and a kitchen garden. We will chronicle our adventures here warts and all. Mostly warts I think.

Friday, March 06, 2009

Bad day, but it's Friday

Okay, so last weekend, I bought a car. I had to. My mother's car, a 16-year-old Chevy Corsica, died on 71 and I pushed it off the road. They towed it to my mechanic, he declared its total death and now I had no way of getting around.

For one day, while one of Mike's work trucks (my vehicle for a few days) was in the shop, I rented a car from Enterprise -- a Mazda 6, 2009 variety. I fell in love with it and so I got one. It's a very fine car and much better than last year's mazdas and the years before that.

It's been fun to drive.

Why is today a bad day, then? Because Mike's sick -- got the flu bug, I think, and is probably still sleeping, even though it's late. He rarely gets sick, but when he does, it's a doozy.

I bought him some cold/flu medicine on the way home yesterday and I hope that's going to help. He just seems so... helpless, though. I don't know.

No comments: